Courses I’ve TA’ed:
- Introduction to Earth Systems, 2007 and 2008
Earth Systems Program, Stanford University
- Environmental Problems and Solutions, 2007
Dept. of Biological Sciences, Stanford University
- Harry Potter and the Arc of Storytelling, 2008
Dept. of English, Stanford University
- Harnessing Ecology: How can we begin to use ecosystem services to develop a conservation approach for the Amazon?
Ecology and Society, Jennifer Powers, 2012, University of Minnesota
K-12 outreach and lesson plans:
- From 2008-2010, I taught a HS biology course that followed the New York State Living Environment Science Regents Examination curriculum; feel free to contact me for classroom resources associated with the class.
- In Minneapolis/St. Paul, I do outreach with the University of Minnesota’s Teaching SMART program, in which undergraduate and graduate students teach lessons in K-12 classrooms.
Some K-12 lesson plans: